Many of us have the best of intentions when it comes to filling out and submitting our DBT Diary Cards, but for some reason, we have difficulty following through. Well, it turns out that there's an app for that!
A few months ago, I began using an app called DBT Diary Card and Skills Coach by Durham DBT, Inc.
In this video, I demonstrate the app's main features and benefits.
Some additional information:
If you need some motivation to fill out your diary cards, I have blogged in the past about why I choose to fill out and submit mine each week (though I was slacking until I found this app.) You can find that blog post HERE.
I hope this was useful and helpful to you.
Thanks for reading.
Added note on August 16, 2012:
Received documentation (manual) from the app creator for you to download:
DBT Diary Card and Skills Coach Manual
|DBT Diary Card App Main Screen|
- The app was created by a licensed therapist who has intensive training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Available for iPhone and iPad
- Cost was $4.99 as of the date of this post
- The developer is working on a feature that allows you to set a reminder to fill out your diary card each day
- There were some bugs/glitches that I noticed over the past few months, but promptly upon my advising the developer, these were fixed, so I did not see a need to go into them here
- The link to download is HERE
- I was not compensated for this post nor the video, however I was offered a free download of the app solely for the purpose of a review. This did not affect my opinion of the app at all, and I tested it for several months before deciding to share it with you.
- Since posting this, I was told by some twitter followers that Dr. Marsha Linehan of Behavioral Tech (the founder/creator of DBT) will be coming out with her own app. This promises to be amazing, and I will download it the second it becomes available and let you know about it. Until then, this app is working out great.
- Since posting this, the app creator added: " One thing I'd like to highlight is that you can add your own targets and skills to the app through the Customize section. Around the 3:51 mark, tap on those big + buttons. You'll get a sheet where you can create your own new items. You can also edit items by tapping them. "