What are your options for coping with any distress you may feel as a result of today's weather?
- Complain about how lousy the weather is
- Wish the weather were different
- Radically accept that the weather is like this today
- Radically accept that you perceive the weather as unpleasant, but it is what it is for now
- Use Wise Mind to acknowledge that this too shall pass -- nothing is permanent, not even the weather
Which approaches do you think will be most effective in coping with your distress? How can you apply this approach to other areas of your life that are uncomfortable, such as waiting anxiously for a result or answer?
I'll contemplate these answers with you.
Thanks for reading.