- Was a little bit kinder (Opposite Action to my annoyance/anger.)
- Was little bit kinder (also falls under Relationship Effectiveness Handout 2 in Interpersonal Effectiveness and Building Mastery around Self Respect Effectiveness on the same handout.)
- Realized it was okay for me to ask for my sandwich to be made the way I want it since I’m paying for it. (Interpersonal Effectiveness Handout 5: Cheerleading Statements for Interpersonal Effectiveness.)
|Effectiveness Handout 5: Cheerleading Statements
for Interpersonal Effectiveness.Click to Enlarge.
(Sorry, mine is marked up a bit)
Worksheet is from
Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorderby Dr. Marsha Linehan
- I became interested in her and her day. She was playing music loudly in the store, so I playfully danced into the shop and smiled. I said, “Good Morning. How are you?” I also asked her what time she had to get in each morning to be there and ready so early and that I hoped she got off early so she could enjoy the sun today. (Use an Easy Manner, Be Gentle, Act Interested, and Validate – all from Interpersonal Effectiveness Handout 9).
- Turns out my favorite ingredient at that shop (I’m vegetarian but eat tuna) – the tuna – was not yet prepared. I noticed she was all alone and had no help. I promptly ordered a veggie sandwich instead. (Be Gentle and Courteous – also from Interpersonal Effectiveness Handout 9).