- Directing your attention to only one thing in the moment. For example, if you’re eating, just eat. If you’re listening, just listen. If you’re reading, just read.
- Remember that the strength to bear the suffering of your life is in this moment. Why suffer for the future when you have enough to deal with right now?
- If you have an urge to quit and give up, it doesn’t mean that you have to follow through with it. There is power in acknowledging that the thought of quitting is just that. It’s a thought. It doesn’t have any power over you. You don’t have to quit just because the thought occurred.
- You can CHOOSE to not thinking about the issue rather than deny it. You can consciously imagine putting the issue in a box on a shelf in order to deal with it later. You can do this when the thoughts are getting to be too much or you need or want to focus your attention elsewhere for the time being.
- Remember that you are the one NOTICING your experience. You are not your experience!
Is there anything you are consciously accepting?
Do you notice any areas where you’ve been living with eyes closed?